We’d like to reassure you that at Sir Francis Hill we are continuing to take all of the necessary steps to protect our community and are continuing to follow official guidance from the government and Lincolnshire County Council.
What’s the current situation?
What we’re doing to protect and support pupils and staff in school
- Children and staff continue to be encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly at regular points during the day. We have hand sanitiser pumps in various places in school. We also have outdoor sinks with hot running water.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the premises.
- We have clear guidance on what we will do if we suspect a child or member of staff has COVID19 as they are displaying symptoms. This can be found in our Risk Assessment.
- We have clear guidance from the LEA on what to do when if we have a confirmed case in school. This is in the format of an Action Card . If we have a confirmed case in school, this Action Card is followed and information is kept in a Confidential manner.
- Dinner time and break times will continue to be staggered.
- The Risk Assessment is monitored regularly for any concerns raised by staff – these concerns are then addressed.
What we need you to do
- If you’ve recently changed your contact details, please inform the school office immediately with the updated details by calling 01522 520359 or emailing email@example.com
- Your child should attend school unless they feel unwell – if your child has any of the following symptoms, they need to isolate at home:
- a high temperature – this means they feel hot to touch on their chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if they usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means they have noticed they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If your child has any of the above symptoms, they need to be taken for a PCR test: information on how to book can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test (please do not rely on a LFD test)
- If your child is unwell with COVID symptoms, report this as you would normally by calling the school office first thing in the morning. This is so we can assess the situation and speak to Public Health England for guidance if needed.
- We’ll keep you up to date with any changes to the current situation - please make sure that you read all letters that we send.
If you have any questions
Please consult the:
As ever, thank you for your continued support. We are very proud of the way in which our children have shown true resilience throughout this and you, as parents, have played the biggest part in this.
Sir Francis Hill
What to do if your child receives a positive COVID test result
- Please call the school and notify us as soon as you can so that we are aware.
- Engage with the Test and Trace service following your child's positive result.
- Please follow the government guidance on your child self-isolating. (This can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/ )