We are aware that there has been an increase in numbers of cases of COVID nationally, which means we should all continue to be alert for any symptoms.
We’d like to reassure you that at Sir Francis Hill we are continuing to take all of the necessary steps to protect our community and are continuing to follow official guidance from the government and Lincolnshire County Council.
What’s the current situation?
What we’re doing to protect and support pupils and staff who remain in school
- Children and staff wash their hands thoroughly at regular points during the day. We have installed hand sanitiser pumps in various places in school. We also have outdoor sinks with hot running water.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the premises, with a particular focus on areas such as the toilets and the door handles, using an approved disinfectant cleaner.
- We have clear guidance on what we will do if we suspect a child or member of staff has COVID19 as they are displaying symptoms. This can be found in our Risk Assessment.
- We have clear guidance from the LEA on what to do when if we have a confirmed case in school. This is in the format of an Action Card . If we have a confirmed case in school, this Action Card is followed and information is kept in a Confidential manner.
- Dinner time and break times are staggered and children sit at clearly labelled tables to ensure Bubbles are not mixing.
- The Risk Assessment is monitored regularly for any concerns raised by staff – these concerns are then addressed.
What we need you to do
- a new continuous cough and/or
- a temperature of 37.8 degrees or above
- a change in smell and/or taste
If your child has any of the above symptoms, they need to be taken for a test: information on how to book can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- If your child is unwell with COVID symptoms, report this as you would normally by calling the school office first thing in the morning. This is so we can assess the situation and speak to Public Health England for guidance if needed.
- We’ll keep you up to date with any changes to the current situation - please make sure that you read all letters that we send.
If you have any questions
Please consult the:
Further information for Parents and Carers can be found at:
As ever, thank you for your continued support. We are very proud of the way in which our children have shown true resilience throughout this and you, as parents, have played the biggest part in this.
Sir Francis Hill
What to do if your child receives a positive COVID test result
- Please call the school and notify us as soon as you can.
- Please follow the government guidance on self-isolating.
If you receive a positive test result for your child overnight or at a weekend or holiday period
Please email the school admin address (email@example.com) with the email subject POSITIVE COVID TEST. As a parent in this email please detail the name of the child that has tested positive, the class that they are in and any siblings that also attend our school. A member of our admin staff will be checking this inbox daily specifically to look to see if an email with this subject should arrive in there so that we can promptly respond as instructed.