Please visit the 'Additional Information' section to see what to bring to your Nursery sessions.
A typical day in Nursery will look like this:
- Children will enter Nursery, hang their coat and bag on their peg and put their lunchbox (if they have one) in the green box labelled 'lunchboxes'. They will be supported by a member of staff to wash their hands before entering Nursery.
- Children will choose an activity while they wait for all children to enter, then they will develop their listening and attention skills by taking part in the class register and a short 'talk time' linked to our current topic.
- Children will take part in a short group activity. Across each week, the children will engage in focused maths activities, Letters and Sounds activities and book related activities.
- Children will engage in independent play alongside their peers during which they will be called to take part in adult-led learning activities. Depending on the nature of these activities, children could partake in adult-led activities individually, in pairs or in small groups.
- Children will learn turn-taking skills, practise using their good manners and develop their good eating skills during snack time. Each child will have access to a healthy snack of fruit and milk, or water from their own water bottle.
- Children will continue their independent play and engagement with adult-led activities until it is time to tidy up. They will be taught to work as a team to support each other in this task.
- Once the Nursery is tidy, the children will be able to enjoy some relaxation time while listening to a topic-related book and learning new songs which are also topic-related.
- At the end of the session, children will be taught and encouraged to put on their own coat and and, once again, they will be supported by a member of staff to wash their hands before going home.
- ***There will be multiple opportunities for both children and staff to wash their hands during every session.***