In 1975 the school was honoured by local historian and MP Sir Francis Hill giving consent to his name being used as the new name for the school. Sir Francis Hill was recognised internationally as a fine scholar and man of outstanding ability. He was a historian and former Mayor of the City of Lincoln.
In 1984, the school took in infants and became a primary school.
In 2006 the school experienced a significant change due to the closure of a nearby infant school. As a result of this, additional infant places and a nursery have been added to the school.
Further records of the old school's early history are also contained in log books dating back to 1898.